Sunday, August 7, 2011

Baby Food Fun

Introducing solid foods to Xavier has been a fun process. I've only been preparing homemade solids. Although, I should call it Homemade Mash there is nothing "solid" about anything he eats.

Yes, it takes a little longer then just popping open a jar from the store but there is something fun about fixing your child's first eats. The important thing is making time to prep a few meals for the week vs trying to make new things everyday.

I found a great book filled with recipes and tips on what foods should be introduced when. I usually set aside some time on Sunday to cook, puree, and freeze a couple of different types of veggies this way I can mix his meals up during the week.


On the menu this week zucchini and squash.

The book I bought is "The best Homemade Baby Food on the Planet" by Karin Knight R.N. & Tina Ruggiero M.S. R.D. L.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment