Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Party Prep 101

With an upcoming party I thought it would be fun to share some of my party planning tips.

Regardless of how large or small your party is. I find it beneficial to start all prep work a few days in advance. This allows for an easy set up come the big event.

I recommend menu planning and grocery shopping at least three days in advance. If you work a 40 hour work week like me the shopping is much easier on the weekends.

Two days before; I always dust, vacuum and clean the bathrooms. If I really have energy after all this I will set the table and put out the necessary table linens.

The day before; I recommend preparing any food that is okay to sit over night in the refrigerator. Set all the serving ware, table accessories and any decorations you might have.

The day of the event; finish the final food preparation, set table, chill drinks and wait for the guest to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment