Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Picnic + Plums = Grandma Wolfe's Prune cake


My Husband and I have an Italian Plum tree that has produced an overwhelming number of plums this year. We have given bags of them away as well as froze enough to last all year. Yet I still have lots of plums left. With an upcoming potluck picnic coming up I thought why not try and make my Great Grandmothers Famous Prune cake.

I reviewed the recipe and conversed with my mom this cake has turned into a two day process!

First who has sour milk in their fridge and secondly the plums have to be cooked down to bring out their natural flavors.

While the plums are cooking I am blogging. Stay tuned for a final photo of the cake.


Tip for the day milk can be soured by just adding a little vinegar.


No comments:

Post a Comment